PAC MEETING MINUTES
The last PAC meeting was held on
Thank you so much to all of the parents who attend and offer their thoughts as well as volunteering time - all of which will make this PAC year successful!!!
Crystal Esau PAC President
Catherine Ohlsson Vice President
Nichole Marples Secretary
Upcoming Events Are shown on our Fundraising Page
If you would like to join the PAC or would like to volunteer for a fundraiser (or many other fun events), please contact the PAC President. OR feel free to enter your name and information into the confidential form below. We will contact you as soon as possible.
PAC Fundraising Goals:
Here is a list of possible fundraising projects for the PAC.
Fine Arts performers through organizations like ArtStarts
Field trip bussing – a subsidy per student
Library Books in English and French
Rhythm Instruments (maracas, woodblocks, rhythm sticks, etc)
Swimming lessons at Centennial Pool
Stardust Inline Skating lessons in our school gymnasium
Artist in Residence (Guest Artist, possibly with art instruction)
Writer in Residence (Guest Author)
The purpose of the Parent Advisory Council is:
1. To promote the education and welfare of students in the school.
2. To encourage parent involvement in the school, and to support programs that promote parent involvement.
3. To advise the school board, principal, and staff on any matter relating to the school, other than matters assigned to the school planning council.
4. To participate in the work of the school planning council through the Council’s elected representatives.
5. To promote the interests of public education and, in particular, the interests of Ecole Centennial Park Elementary School.
6. To provide leadership in the school community.
7. To contribute to a sense of community within the school and between the school, home, and neighbourhood.
8. To provide parent education and professional development, and a forum for discussion of educational issues.
9. To assist parents in obtaining information and communicating with the principal and staff about their child’s progress or other concerns.
10. To assist the principal and staff in ensuring the highest safety standards are maintained in the school and neighbourhood.
11. To organize and support activities for students and parents.
12. To provide financial support for the goals of the Council, as determined by the membership.
13. To advise and participate in the activities of (Abbotsford Parent Advisory Council) and the BC Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils.